Planet Four Talk

Walls on mars

• AlledMell by AlledMell

In down left corner interesting structure look like walls square form>visible with anlarge~400%WOW

Posted

• AlledMell by AlledMell

One more image (zoom in)
    ?

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

Hello AlledMell. I think the structure is just the lay of the land. Unfortunately, your enlarged image is not visible on my machine.

Posted

• AlledMell by AlledMell

well I am not insist 😃
    but you can zoom in ,by your self.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

Hi Alled

You need to remember that because of how the lighting works with these images most of what looks like a raised structure is actually a hole in the ground. Nice find though, not seen anything like that before - the HiRise image this comes from is titled "caterpillar dunes" - which again is a new one on me.

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to wassock's comment.

Hi Wassock, Best keep that 'arachnologist' Kitharode away from the HiRise images of this one! The greyscale image looks like spider paradise!

Pete

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Caterpillar dunes are new to me too. Could do with more info on them. Can't be yer 'regular' dunes with spiders on them, can they? Maybe more like those 'cemented' dunes we mentioned earlier (somewhere).

Pete: Spiders are hell - difficult and complex and they get in your hair and the kitchen sink and .... well, you know. 😉

Posted