Planet Four Talk

#**walls or crevassses**

• eagiles by eagiles

I know the illusion of what looks like walls are crevasses and visa versa, BUT if the sun as most times is to the bottom right then there is an unusual wall features and unusual crevasses orthe opposite if the sun is any where else, oooops sorry there appears to be the exact opposite features depending on which way the sun shines that is what interests me about this image.

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to eagiles's comment.

That's pretty much the problem for all of us, in a nut shell, Ed.

The really tricky ones 'switch' right in front of your eyes....while you watch. It's really enough to drive a person over the edge. Remember this one thing....in the vast majority of the images, the Sun is coming in from the lower right.......but in this case, I think it's definitely from the upper left, and Anya the scientist explains these occasional exceptions. Perhaps at the blog site.

Interestingly enough, while it definitely affects the way the images look, it has little or NO effect on the "fan or blotch" marking project!

Posted

• eagiles by eagiles

but is there only the one project running, surely there is more use than just fans and blotches. hence the star feature.

Posted