Planet Four Talk

tramslines are not glacial?

• Wounded_Knee by Wounded_Knee

centre of image is a tramline that changes track, if it was glacial it coundnt do this?

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

The problem with the "these are grooves" theory for me is that in a lot of places there are spiders running across these features, i dont see how the model for spider formation allows them to cut straight across a groove, or a hump,.

Posted

Also look at this one talk.planetfour.org/#/subjects/APF0000970 theres a fissure vent, top left, which crosses a line. I dont see how the vent can be a straight line if the tramline it crosses is a groove

Posted

• Wounded_Knee by Wounded_Knee

mmm,interesting, the only way i can imagine that would happen is the spider forming before the groove, so glacial would work for the channels, ive seen a few images where there is a spread out row of boulders in the grooves. Perhaps we will eventually split into the these are grooves or these are ridges groups 😃

Posted

The spiders tend to be quite small but cross the lines un damaged trytalk.planetfour.org/#/subjects/APF00009cb very bottom left

Posted

Something interesting here - http://planetfour.org/subjects/standard/50e740d55e2ed21240002ea1.jpg left hand fan coming from a straight fissure cutting one of the tram lines. Left hand fan coming from a curved fissure corresponding to one of the very faint lines

Posted