Planet Four Talk

#roundels

• eagiles by eagiles

some of these have a roundel effect caused by something like a liquid floods an area affecting the area and then draining back into the hole

Posted

• kooba by kooba

Yes, i have noticed it too...looks also like there are small "wave"-riffles in these...its like liquid flooding an empty depression

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

Nice find. I'm sure one of my comrades will be able to shed some light on it (give it a day or two though).

![Image] (https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7090fsmhq1bbpem/R-50e73cd15e2ed211dc000c21.jpg)

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Just to let you know that for the first time ever, to my knowledge, JellyMonster has forgotten his sign-off signal: "Image rotated 180deg". This is a rare thing indeed. If you pass by any of JM's images they'll generally be tagged with rotation details but if not, I'm sure he won't mind you asking him to confirm what's what. He'll probably do it here later. 😃

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

Yes, Kitharode is right, the image has been rotated through 180 degrees. This is to help users see the image in the correct light, so that ridges become channels (doesn't work for everyone). I also do a bit of contrast/brightness editing as well as a colour editing.

Posted