Planet Four Talk

Are we supposed to tag these?

• Craigr79 by Craigr79

I've tagged these round blobs as interesting items. Not sure if that what were supposed to do but it doesn't say about interesting items in the tutorial, and they look pretty interesting to me

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

Ooh, these are most likely boulders. There are special for the so called Inca City region on Mars. They seem to have some kind of connection to the most early appearing fans but we don't yet conclusively understand it. So yes please, tag them as interesting features, maybe 1 per field of boulders? No need to tag all of them, as they don't contain a proportional information to the effects, just the fact that they are often close to the fan sources makes them interesting. The idea here is, by the way, that their thermal impact on the ice surface creates a weakness in the CO2 ice layer (which is about a 1 m thick) and therefore helps the earliest jets to break through.

Cheers!

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

oh, and please use a 'boulders' tag for the image. thanks!

Posted

• Craigr79 by Craigr79

Thanks. I'll do that.

Posted

• Pedrosan by Pedrosan

I have tagged alot of these before seeing this post. I have called them boulders but some are in groups of 2 or 3 which seems strange.
    How big are they?

Posted

• Portyankina by Portyankina scientist

They are several meters across, smaller ones 1-2 meters, majority is 5-7m.

Anya

Posted

• Pedrosan by Pedrosan

Hi Anya, thanks you. I think it is interesting they seem to be of similar size and sometimes in small groups. This also gives us abit of scale aswell.
    Pedro

Posted