Planet Four Talk

Some input on this one

• Aboveandbeyond58 by Aboveandbeyond58

Hi all,

I just joined the project yesterday and wondered if I'm getting this right... I marked the spider in the middle of the image, as well as the dark spots in the bottom part of the picture and the spider at the upper right corner as "interesting features" since they don't fit into the "fan"/"bloch" pattern. Any comments/corrections? (if I did get it wrong, is there any way of changing it?)

Thanks!

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

HI. Welcome aboard. If you like you can mark something you feel is of interest as an "Interesting feature", but the blotches and fans are all of interest to the project. e.g. If you look closely at the centre of the big spider you can see an area of dark/black deposits. This is a #blotch. Similarily, the 2 dark areas on the left and right side of the bottom edge I would mark as blotches. You can't alter your marks once you have "finished", but don't worry as the images get classified by others, and it is often not obvious what to mark. I'm sure you will have lots of fun classifying these amazing images-it can be addictive!! Happy hunting, and l hope to see you on "the boards" again. ~Pete

Posted

• Aboveandbeyond58 by Aboveandbeyond58

Thanks a lot 😃 Yeah, I've noticed it's pretty addictive... and a better way to pass the time than games. I hope this project will help promote our knowledge on Mars - we really need anything we can get before Elon Musk gets us there.

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Aboveandbeyond58's comment.

Great! Click on these to get some of the images in my collections I love. APF0000pv2 APF0000pt1 APF0000wzs . Enjoy~Pete

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to Aboveandbeyond58's comment.

Welcome to Planet Four. Thanks for your help
    Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Welcome @Aboveandbeyond58

Pete's explanation above is spot on (as usual) so there's not much more I can add to it. There is much to be learnt in the existing discussions on Talk, but I hope you'll put forward your own ideas in the future.

Good Hunting. 😉

Posted