Planet Four Talk

Help

• jheneghan by jheneghan

Hey guys, I'm an undergrad student new to this project. Its not crazy for an image like this to have nothing worth cataloging correct? I find myself clicking "finished" on lots of images without actually seeing anything worth marking. Thanks for the clarification!

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to jheneghan's comment.

Hi,

Welcome to Planet Four. You will definitely come across images that don't have fans or blotches. That's okay just on finished and move on to the next image.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• jheneghan by jheneghan

Thanks so much Meg! One quick follow up: how should I classify images that are a completely black screen? Are these types of images due to a malfunction with my computer, the equipment responsible for the images, or something else? Thanks again!

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to jheneghan's comment.

Hi. Welcome to Mars !!

We had a run of black images a while ago and we marked them as #blank in the comment box. The tech team searched out most of them but they still pop up occasionally. I'm not exactly sure what the cause is, but it's not a problem with your screen or computer.

Good hunting. 😃

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to jheneghan's comment.

Kitharode gives the prefect advice on this. Thanks Kith.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted