Planet Four Talk

A heads-up about the Zooniverse home page and platform

• DZM by DZM admin

Hey Zooniverse folks,

Just a heads-up that, as of today, the Zooniverse home page has shifted over to a new design that supports our new project platform.

You may notice a few differences; for instance, a username change may be required to access projects on the new platform if you have a space or symbol in your username. The new profile pages also may be missing some elements for a while (a week or more, even), but don’t worry: your stats and classification counts have been preserved, and they are migrating and coming back!

Please note that all current Zooniverse projects and Talks will be unaffected and should continue to operate just as they have. This will not affect this project you are currently on!

The new Talk system is also attached to the new home page, and feedback will be very important in how we may move forward with it. There is also now a central Zooniverse Talk where we hope that people from all projects will be able to mingle and discuss common topics—like, for instance, all of these changes and updates!

Finally, there is now post from Chris Lintott on the Zooniverse Blog explaining these changes in more detail.

Any questions or feedback, please chime in on the Zooniverse Talk. See you there!

Onwards and upwards,

DZM

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to DZM's comment.

Hi,

For a more permanent link to Chris' blog you can find it here.

There are nominally no changes to how the original Planet Four operates. We won't be moving to the new talk platform anytime soon, but do feel free to head over and to Zooniverse talk and say hello and tell them how awesome the Planet Four community is 😉

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

Hi. I went to Zooniverse to see if my P4 Terrains classifications so far were being recorded, but I can't get to that page. I don't seem to have a 'Profile' option on my avatar menu anymore. I've done the username and real name thingy as requested by Zooniverse, I've logged in and can see 'all projects', but not 'my page'. Any ideas?

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

We don't yet have a personalized profile or projects page up yet. We are still working on migrating classifications and setting up a system to record new ones from new projects as well. 😃

Posted

• FranzVS by FranzVS

How do I delete images from my profile that werent handled well or completed as my first tries?

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to FranzVS's comment.

Hi FranzVS,

You can't. You can change your answer before you hit the 'Finnished' button, but once you submit your classification you can't go back and edit it. Don't worry too much about an occasional mistake. This is one of the reasons we ask several people to review each image. Chances are the other classifiers identified the features and will correct the mistake.

Trust your judgment and check out our Spotter's Guide for some more examples. Human beings are really good at tasks like this, and generally your first answer is likely the right one. So trust your gut. Multiple people review each image so chances are if you spot something in the image likely other people did too.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted