Planet Four Talk

Un controlled 'tool'

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Anyone else having marking tool problems? i have control issues, over the last 2 days, when L click, I get alarge area outlined, Solvable as i can alter the parameters, just annoying, as it is a new problem. I am using google, and as I say, it's not a big problem, just new. Perhaps work on the site going on by our great team?? ~Pete

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator

My usual 'paintbrush' problem in Firefox, but all ok in Internet Explorer - for me at least.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

Not seeing anything like that. Can you post a screen shot or email one to me at mschwamb@asiaa.sinica.edu.tw

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to mschwamb's comment.

Will do Meg when I get a good one! It's intermittant, but just looks exactly like the normal 'blotch' marker, but already size and shape adjusted, not a problem, as you just readjust, but haven't seen it tiil a couple of weeks ago. Certainly doesn't warrant any great time being spent on it. Just interesting when these sort of things occur~Pete

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to p.titchin's comment.

I use Google Chrome too Pete but I haven't had a problem. I hope things return to normal for you soon! ~ Angi

Posted

• PaulMetcalfe by PaulMetcalfe

Don't know if this is related but recently when using marking tool near right or bottom edge the tool outline does not erase as it is expanded and I just get a white splodge.

Using IE11

Had problems similar before but it went away and now it is back. No big problem as I will be off site for quite a while.

Paul

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to PaulMetcalfe's comment.

Hi Paul. How weird! It's sounds exactly like the 'paintbrush' problem that I've got it on Firefox (and it won't go away) but it doesn't appear on my IE. Don't know what version IE I've got, but probably older than yours.

Hope it sorts itself for when you get back. Good to see you again. 😉

Posted

• DZM by DZM admin

If possible, @PaulMetcalfe , could you download another browser and see if the problem persists there as well?

Thanks!!

Posted

• PaulMetcalfe by PaulMetcalfe in response to DZM's comment.

Hi,
    I would like to oblige but I purposefully removed another browser about 4 months ago in connection with this problem. It is in the posts. The problem happened on IE11 and Google Chrome. After I removed Google, the problem went away and I continued on site for about a month without a reoccurrence. I have been off site for a while and revisited a couple of days ago only to find the problem is back. So in a nutshell it happened on Google Chrome as well.

Paul

Posted