Planet Four Talk

?buffer leakage

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Now we are on to Ithaca images, a lot of the images are quite busy, and it seems a shame to be losing the data when the page crashes. I find my page freezes at about 25 markings, and although I now stop at 23, it means the image is often far from completed. I think you have said this is due to buffer leakage, and the team has been working on a 'cure'. Any progress? ~Pete.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to p.titchin's comment.

At this point I've been told it requires an update to the drawing library. I don't think that's been something that has been able to be done. The crashing is something we'll have to handle in the data processing side. . It's something they've looked into and haven't found a solution that's easy and wouldn't disrupt things. Unfortunately to really solve the problem will require funding for making a version 2.0 of the site.Right now we're really in maintenance mode. I will contact the development team again and see if there is anything they can do. Apologies for the frustration.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Just for information, I have been using an hp chrome book the last week,and although I am on the same wifi modem, I have not experienced the leakage and crash problems on busy images that I get with firefox.. It's been great! ~pete 😃

Posted