Planet Four Talk

Discussion Boards.

• p.titchin by p.titchin

Hi. Ive noticed recently that when I look on the boards and see 'Last post --hours ago by---' when I click on that board, there is no such post. eg, at the moment (hope you don't mind using yours Angi) there is a note on the science board, citizen science, 'last post 10hours by Angi60'---- but it is not on the board. It is something Ive only noticed the last month or so, and has occurred with posts by the mediators as well.
    ~Pete
    P.S Sorry this has come up on the objects 'help', meant it to be on the 'interface help'

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

Hi Pete,

Intermittent bugs are always the hardest to track down, I don't see that now. Best thing to do is when you see it, take a screen shot and take a screen shot of the discussion thread that is supposed to be updated but isn't and post that. Then I can put in a support ticket in and link to the screenshots so the developers can try to find the bug.

Thanks,

~Meg

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to p.titchin's comment.

I can explain some of it, I think.

The angie60 'last post' was posted. It said I'd forgotten to include a link. I posted the link, which made angie60's comment seem out of place, so I deleted it. I've spoken with her about it. The moderators post was probably one of mine. Like you Pete, I meant it to be somewhere else so I moved it to where I wanted it to go.

There have been other instances, including one from Meg and one from Anya, which weren't there when you went looking for them. In each case the problem seems to disappear after about 24 to 36 hours. My guess is that the software takes some time to clear its throat with moves like this.

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to Kitharode's comment.

Cheers Kith, that all makes sense. Glad it's not a new bug.
    Meg, thanks for looking into it.

~Pete

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to p.titchin's comment.

Typical of my post to cause confusion! Were you disappointed when you couldn't read it Pete? 😮 I'm glad Kitharode has cleared the mystery up for you. It's good that someone reads my posts!!

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to Kitharode's comment.

Thanks Kitharode for explaining that to Pete 😃 I forgive you for deleting it - haha 😃

Posted

• p.titchin by p.titchin in response to angi60's comment.

Like a surfer, never like to see someone 'fall off the board'! 😉

Posted

• angi60 by angi60 in response to p.titchin's comment.

Haha - glad to hear it. And just like a surfer, I always get straight back on the board if I fall off! 😃

Posted