Planet Four Talk

Blotches or Fans??

• John_Wareing by John_Wareing

Not sure whether these are blotches or fans?? I have marked them as blotches for arguements sake and also marked them as an interesting object.

Posted

• wassock by wassock moderator

Hi John, don't think there's a lot in it either way on any of them. I'd probably go fan with the 2 in the bottom left and may be the one right of that and blotch the rest.

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster

I'm just glad you are marking them and not me 😃.

The image below is for the benefit of darshanchandekar (glad I don't have to type his name in every time). He had marked this with a hash tag 'rootnerves'. The image has undergone an operation (rotation and one colour edt).

![Image rotation] (https://dl.dropbox.com/s/3ksx7llxfpx6bsr/RE-50e73da65e2ed212400014e5.jpg)

Posted

• John_Wareing by John_Wareing

Lol. Thanks for your input wassock.

Posted

• jshoe by jshoe in response to JellyMonster's comment.

JellyMonster: Can us normal citizen scientists have access to the image processing facilities you used here? Currently, I must export images to iPhoto on my Mac, and then process them later, usually only adding brightness and flattening out the contrast in dark hole areas because that is where a lot of interesting things occur. I promise not to abuse the privileges, and maybe I can help in the search for universal meaning (?). I have a moderate amount of image processing experience and have spent much of my career looking for interesting relationships in mounds of images. In industry I spent years taking photos of materials from the atomic level to life slzed using light microscopy and dedicated STEM. The fun came later in looking at the images and finding interesting things that others often missed. I hope that I can provide similar help here.

Posted

• Kitharode by Kitharode moderator in response to jshoe's comment.

Hi Jshoe. Here's how it works / doesn't work. http://talk.planetfour.org/#/boards/BPF0000004/discussions/DPF0000d19

You have messages...

Posted

• JellyMonster by JellyMonster in response to jshoe's comment.

Jshoe, I don't have special privileges for image processing. I have to use third party software like 'PaintShop Pro', 'Gimp' or 'Irfanview' Take a look at the link that Kitharode has given you above. Come back if you encounter any problems or need further information.

Posted