Planet Four Talk

what about images not fulfilling blotch/fan/interesting criteria

• SEJones by SEJones

can someone confirm how we handle images with features that do not strictly meet meet criteria for:' fan'; 'blotch' or 'interesting''. the project is clearly dependent on classification data from multiple users for same image. but the problem arises when we get abslutely featureless images or images like this one showing spiders. but spiders are not included in classificaton toolbar although spiders are discussed extensivley.

in order to offer some kind classificaton so that i don't skew the stats, i tend to classify spiders as 'interesting' even though they are omitted from classification. for featureless images i have tended to skip although lately i look really hard to find any feature so that i can tag as 'intesresting'.

hope that project scientists can advise ! 😃

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator

A very good question. We definitely talk about spiders because they're partly involved in the process of making the fans and spots, and they're visible in the images so people want to know what these weird channnel-like things are, but you're right we don't ask you to do anything with the currently.

We're going to have a whole second phase dealing with the spiders and classifying the different types of spider-like terrain. We wanted to first start with mapping the fans and blotches. So no need to mark everyone as interesting unless you see something about it you think is odd compared to others you've seen. So for this image I would say there is nothing there, and click for the next image.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• SEJones by SEJones

wonderful, ty 😃

Posted