Planet Four Talk

Can we develop a way to get back to an image?

• AUricle by AUricle

"Collecting" doesn't really help. There is no way to work on a collected image. Some images are so full of fans or blotches, that the tools quit working, or maybe the person doing the marking needs to do something else or just needs a 'break'.(Right now, those instances just fall by the wayside, and so the "average" for those images will be skewed to some value that does not reflect reality at all) People on desktop PC's often need to import the images to a photo editing program just to see the images correctly, because they can't turn their monitors upside down. Sometimes you see something in a discussion that "opens your eyes" and you'd like to re-examine images you put in the "finished" category.
    My guess is that right now, "busy" images are either being passed over, or only partially marked. How that helps, I don't know, BUT if people had a way to put aside their work to a later time, these images would get much more accurate representation.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to AUricle's comment.

Well the problem with that is it's a uniform set of classification conditions, but if you want to study an image in more depth you can favorite in the interface and then it will show up under profile--> favorites on the main planet four website. You can access all the images you've classified with profile on the main classification page.

Cheers,

~Meg

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle in response to mschwamb's comment.

Thanks for the response, Meg.
    I hadn't realized you could pull up all your classified images on the main P4 page.
    What I was lamenting however, is that while you can see the image again, you can no longer work on marking the image.

Posted

• mschwamb by mschwamb scientist, translator in response to AUricle's comment.

Ah yeah that's because we want to try and keep as uniform a classification process and environment for the classifications - so that someone doesn't change their mind half way through based on reading someone else's comments or thinking about the image for a very long time or reading a science paper and changing their behavior because of it. So that's why you can't partly classify and come back. I should also note it's also partly how the site is set up with a queue-ing system.

Cheers,
    ~Meg

Posted

• AUricle by AUricle

That works for me 😉 Thanks!

Posted