Planet Four Talk

Pebbledashed martian surface

• Allobot by Allobot

How is it best to classify these blotches? with an interesting feature or painstakingly individualize the blotches?

Posted

• Portyankina by Portyankina scientist

it would be best to individualize them. We need to estimate their areas.

Posted

• michaelaye by michaelaye scientist

Yes, the area will enable us to calculate how much ground has been moved during these processes. This number is important to compare it with the available energies from the sun's irradiation to create CO2 gas jets. So, pretty please, no classifier is wasted!
    Many thanks!
    Michael

Posted

• steb1 by steb1

my arm! it hurts

Posted

• jules by jules

I'm sure I read that these #blotchfields are not common. I've had loads!! 😄

Posted

hm, okay? Maybe that's a first discovery then! 😃 Our sampling was more or less based on being acquainted with some areas, this is the first systematic one. So if you had loads, maybe at the end they will come out not being so uncommon anymore! So you see, your work IS really having an impact on current knowledge!

Posted

• jules by jules

Great stuff! When the hashtags become searchable it will be interesting to see just how many #blotchfields we have found.

Posted

yes, we are also waiting for that feature. couple of days the team said.

Posted

• GraeSaint by GraeSaint

I have done 3 myself today. sorry I only did a percentage of the blotches, I will tag any more I find #blotchfields

Posted

• Milkywaystars by Milkywaystars

Hey there's loads in my collection called spots

Posted

• acgull by acgull

There seems to be balls/pebbles in the center of these blotches, are they balls of refrozen gas/ice?

Posted